Friday 20 April 2012

Planning - Model

In making my magazine I realised that with model I would not only have to think about their look but the financial cost of this model, therefore the type of model I use is extremely important when it comes to making my magazine. Due to the genre of my magazine I need a model that would the fit the urban, R'n'B and Rap look. Moreover I made sure my models were at least 17 and above avoiding any chances of my rapper looking too young. However through researching I found that males in particular tend to look younger than their actual age, this is sometimes as a result of constantly exercising or sport which majority of men do. Nonetheless I contemplated about whether I just use women. Next I cancelled out the people who I felt at first would be unreliable enough to take on the photoshoot - e.g university exams, AS/A2 exams. Then cut down my models to who I felt did not have a mature enough face to give my magazine a realistic look. I then chose the model which I felt was the most versatile to use on my frontpages. This left me with eleven models.


Out of the eleven models I need the one perfect person that would really make my magazine stand out if put on the shelf. In order to help me with my decision took sample pictures of all the models I felt could potentially be on my front cover.
Through a lot of deliberating I choose my model Daniel to represent my first issue, and as mentioned before is 21 years old, 5ft 10 and a size 8 in clothing - a comfortable age, weight and length of a person for me to work with. Also I believe due to the expenses of university, he was forced to carry the rugged look as its was cheaper for him than constantly cutting your hair, this worked perfectly well for me as I thought he fitted the stereotypical rapper's image perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment