Friday 20 April 2012

Clothing

Once I have chosen my models the next important to do was to sort out their outfits. I was able to figure this out from what I had seen other models/artists where on front covers of R'n'B and Rap magazines - urban style. The urban style has become very popular in particular the trainers in shops such as Footlocker, JD, whereas the clothing has become popular in shops such as Blue Ink etc. However because the theme of my magazine issue is 'identifying the business man behind every successful rapper' I would need to incorporate two types of style, one would be urban and the other smart.


I believe the best artist/group to get the urban look from is a group called 'NEW BOYZ'. Their style and fashion very vibrant and to me definitely stands out, plus they put a lot of thought and confidence into their style. Using Google I found background information on their style/fashion, here is a short clip on how they describe their type of fashion - 'jerkin'


Loungin with the New Boyz: Jerkin Fashion #3

New Boyz | Myspace Music Videos

 In order to get the business look, using Google I researched on the entrepreneur P Diddy whose dress code is all about the elegant, sophisticated look. Here is a short clip that describes his fashion and fashion line. (Watch 1.20 - 4.10).




Overall from all the information I found I would like to dress up my model in a tailored suit and then dress them in the 'jerkers' style incorporating things such as a snap etc. Then find a way to merge the two styles together.





No comments:

Post a Comment