Thursday 19 April 2012

Construction - DPS 2

Due to my interview being so long I had to extend my double page spread to another double page spread. As mentioned previously on my blog I decided to not follow the usually trends of magazine that if the interview is too long it will extend to another A4 page rather double page spread like mine did. Nonetheless I repeated majority of the skills/techniques I used on my first double page spread with my second, like keeping the settings the same (orientation - horizontal, and creating six columns).


Just like the first double page spread, I started with my background. Similar to first image it was not long enough so I had to extend it. Using the selection tool, selecting the end section of my image and duplicating it until it was long enough for background.
  
I first started will off with my quote at the top my article 'THE HIGHER YOU GET THE MORE YOUR FRIENDS BECOME FAKE' - I choose this quote because I believed it stood out the most in my interview and it would definitely draw in the attention of readers, I used the font Impact Label and colour black. Next I went on to create three of the boxes using the vector tool where I will place my remaining interview into, I made the outer rectangular burgundy and the inner rectangular white, this ensures my reader will be able to read my interview clearly as the   colour was black and the font was Arial. To highlight the continuation of my article onto the second double page spread I made sure the font and the colour of the font remains the same. I then copied the interview into the last three columns of the six. 


As a bonus feature for my readers I added one of his tracks (wrote down the lyrics that stands out and a small review on what it sounds like. I added all this information into a rectangular vector that I made with the vector tool. I then created another rectangular box which I edited in Photoshop. In Photoshop I changed the colour of the vector to burgundy and then changed the shape using the selection (I continued to cut off each section till it formed a triangle, once again InDesign automatically changed the form of vector through the integration between the two programmes. Due to the clever techniques of InDesign I was able to take off the peak of the triangle, by using clicking on the vector and used the blue line (not the brown line because it would cut the image) to hide the 'pointy' section of the triangle. Using the font American Purpose and the colour white I created the words 'NEW DOHDAN TRACKS'. Under those words I made the words 'THE LOWDOWN' which is in the same font but in the colour black. Feeling in an artistic mood I once again made a vector and edited it in Photoshop, in Photoshop I duplicated the layer till I felt it was long enough, I then flattened the layers which made the vector turn into an image in InDesign. Next I made the words 'HERE"S A TEASER OF WHAT"S TO COME...' in the font Arial and colour white. Finally I used the vector tool and created a skinny long baby blue rectangular box to differentiate between the title of the song and the reviews. 


I made 'IM DA KING...SOUND LIKE...STAND OUT LYRICS' all the same font which was America Pupose. The rest of the words I made the font Arial and the colour actual little. Finishing off the article I created the page numbers at the bottom of the page with the exact same format as the first double page spread.

No comments:

Post a Comment