Saturday 31 December 2011

Top Twenty Gadgets 2011

Trying to adapt my magazine to modern technology, can be quite tricky because I am aware that using too many gadgets in my magazine could have my readers mistake my Hip Hop and Rap magazine for a IT magazine. Moreover I need to research and find out what are the best selling gadgets of 2011. Nonetheless using google I came up with the 'Top Ten Gadgets 2011'




  1. Ipad 2
  2. XBox Kinect
  3. Macbook Air
  4. HP/Palm TouchPad
  5. Amazon Kindle 3
  6. Motorola Atrix 4G
  7. Blackberry Playbook 
  8. Motorola Xoom
  9. HP/Palm Pre 3
  10. Samsung Focus 
From this list I picked out the gadgets that could:-
  • Easily be available
  • Easily fit in with the genre of my magazine 
  • Not deter the focus from my artist
This resulted in me picking:-
  • Ipad 2
  • Blackberry Playbook
  • Macbook Air
Next I research on the statistics of the products; how much have been sold so far in 2011, how much do you think they will sell in 2012? ....According to Wikipedia:-
  • Ipad - More than 15.4 Million Ipads have been sold, selling more than all other tablet PCs combined - Apple sold 300,00 Ipads on the day they first became available. This all generated to 9.5 billion dollars (6.1 billion pounds) in revenue and captured more than 90% market share in the tablet computer segment. By 2012 Apple would have released 'The new Ipad'. 
  • Blackberry Playbook - It has been estimated that there are 504,000 Playbooks have been sold to date. 
  • Macbook Air - In January Apple reported to have sold 2.9 million Macs. 
From all the information I had gathered, it was clear to me that an Ipad would be the best electronic gadget to use in my magazine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment