Thursday 19 January 2012

Construction - Main Image

I finally choose this image as my main front cover, as you can see the lighting was terrible, the IPad created a shadow on his chest preventing you from seeing his shirt, there is also an outer shadow around his body. You can see the top of his head quite clearly which ruined the whole aspect of the imagePlus the background clearly shows his bedroom door which would remove any ounce of professionalism if placed on the front of my magazine. Likewise having the full length image would leave no space for my header and reduce the space of my cover lines. However photoshop did the ultimate trick and took that shame of photo for a magazine to make it look like this ---->
I changed many factors to the image as you can see; desaturated the whole image apart from the inner image to remove the problem of having shadows and ridiculous lighting. This is was done in section as I found it impossible desaturating the whole image excluding the centre image, therefore I used the selection tool. However that created many problems because there were sections of the image which already had shadows, and once desaturated came out darker than the rest of the image, moreover it took a bit of time till I was able to balance out the shades.
Additionally to make my image more professional i cut out the bedroom background of my model's door using the magic wand tool. In order to make the image not look purposely cut out, I made sure the wand was soft but not to the extend that a grey edge was created. I also cut off his head from the top to give the impression that the image inside the frame represented his ego as a rapper. Still my ideal image for a front page was not created, for the image I took on the IPad still showed his shoulder therefore the image did not link or create the impression I wanted to create. Moreover I reshaped his shoulder using the rubber tool and made it in lined with the shoulder of the outer image until I created the ideal front cover image I wanted - professional, sharp and eye-catching.

No comments:

Post a Comment